Hurricane Sandy Recovery Help
Residents can register for Individual Assistance at a Disaster Recovery Center or you can register online or by calling 1-800-621-3362. The TTY number is 1 (800) 462-7585 for those who are speech- or hearing-impaired.
- Clean-Up Assistance
- Disaster Distress Helpline
- General Supportive Services for Children and Adults (Servicios de apoyo generales)
- Helping Children Cope with the Aftermath
- Legal Assistance Hotline Flyer (La línea directa de los Servicios Legales)
- NJ Department of Health Hotline
The following are documents that will help adults speak to children about coping with natural disasters such as Hurricane Sandy:
- Managing the Emotional Impact of Super Storm Sandy
- Helping Children Cope in the Aftermath of Hurricane Sandy
- Resources For Talking To Kids About Hurricane Sandy
The Role We Play
We provide you with information, referral and linkages to local crisis services.
If there is an overwhelming disaster or when a traumatic event affects the community, we can make available crisis response counselors through the Disaster Response Crisis Counselor team or the Traumatic Loss Coalition. Learn more about our Emergency Mental Health response teams and counselors.
- First Call for Help 2-1-1
Trained staff assist women who need help due to domestic violence. Staff works in conjunction with the Jersey Battered Women’s Service in providing social services to this population. For information or help, contact the Social Services Intake Unit at 973-829-8264 or JBWS hotline at 973-267-4763.
- Crisis Centers (assistance and counseling)
Trained, credentialed crisis responders who provide emotional support and community information in the aftermath of an overwhelming disaster. The DRCC team is included in the Morris County Emergency Operations Plan, Mental Health Annex.
- Emergency Rooms
- NJ Crisis Intervention Response Network
- Long-Term Treatment
- Psychiatric/Crisis Screening Centers
- Sexual Assault Center
- Support Services & Outreach
- Traumatic Loss Coalition – youth suicide prevention