Social Worker Requirements

Social Worker Residential Healthcare Responsibilities

A Residential Healthcare Facility provides a homelike atmosphere in which the residents must be independent with their activities of daily living.  Residential Healthcare Facilities (RHCFs) offer rooms, laundry services, and meals.  They will administer medications to residents and will assist with money management, bathing, and dressing as needed.

The Residential Healthcare Facilities social workers are mandated to visit the Residential Healthcare Facilities bi-annually or when problems occur.  Allegations of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation are investigated and the homes are checked to ensure safety.  Documentation is retrieved from the facilities to ensure compliance with state regulations.  Social workers meet with some of the residents during each visit to ensure that they meet the appropriate level of care that is provided at the facility.  Social workers see that their needs are being met and provide information and referral as needed.

For more information on RHCFs and RHCF Social workers, you may call (973) 285-6848.

Rooming and Boarding Home Social Worker

The Community Welfare Agency (CWA) is required to visit all licensed Rooming Houses and Boarding Homes in Morris County.

Rooming Houses are licensed by the NJ Department of Community Affairs and do not provide meals or services. Residents must be at least 18 years of age and capable of living independently. Rooms come furnished with a bed and dresser, and bathrooms are mostly communal.  Outreach visits to Rooming Houses are conducted at least once a year or as needed.

Boarding Homes are broken down into two primary classes, Class B and C, that primarily house older adults in New Jersey.  Both are licensed by the NJ Department of Community Affairs and provide rooms and meals to their residents. Rooms and baths may be either private or shared. In addition to rooms, meals, and linens, Class C homes provide 24-hour supervision and other services such medication monitoring. Social worker visits are semi-annually. Social worker will visit facilities frequently to assist residents, investigate complaints, and conduct spot checks. Social worker also meets with residents to conduct assessments that determine if residents are receiving needed services and are appropriate to remain in the facility.  Social worker distributes literature to residents regarding available services and provides assistance or referrals to other state, county or local agencies. Social worker provides information to owners, operators and staff, promoting the health, safety and well-being of residents. The Social worker is responsible for investigating and evaluating reports of abuse, exploitation, neglect and licensing code violations.

For more information you may call (973) 285-6848.