As of November 6, 2017, the Office of Community Development will be located at 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950.
Meeting Rescheduled to March 15
The Regional Coordinator is being rescheduled for March 15, 2018 at the County of Morris Department of Human Services, Office of Community Development & Behavioral Health Services, Office of Community Development at 1 Medical Drive, Parsippany, NJ in Conference Room #82 at 11:30 am.
The purpose of this meeting will be for the Regional Coordinators of the Community Development Revenue Sharing Advisory Committee (CDRS) to review funding recommendations made by the CDRS subcommittees for the 2018 Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships and Emergency Solutions Grant programs. The recommendations will be considered by the full CDRS.
This meeting is open to the public, which may comment during the open portion of the meeting.
CAPER Drafts Submitted on September 28, 2017
A draft of the County of Morris Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) for the period July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017 is now available for public inspection. It covers the Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships and Emergency Solutions Grant Program activities administered by the County.
This report contains information including:
- Summary of the resources and accomplishments
- Status of actions taken during the year to implement the goals outlined in the Consolidated Plan
- Evaluation of the progress made during the year in addressing identified priority needs and objectives
These will be submitted to the Department of Housing and Urban Development on or about September 28. Questions and/or comments may be directed, through September 27, 2017, to Timothy J. Tansey, Director of Community Development Programs, at 973-285-6060.
2018 Grant Applications Posted
The 2018 CDBG, HOME, and ESG grant applications are now available. Visit the Grant Applications page to learn more and download the forms.
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for F.Y. 2015
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals.
- Final – 2016 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2016 Morris County CAPER
- Final – 2015 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2015 Morris County CAPER
Five Year Consolidated Plan & Annual Action Plans
- 2015-2019 – Five Year Consolidated Plan
- 2016 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2016 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Parisppany Annual Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for F.Y. 2014
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals. Read the Fifth Program Year CAPER.
The Office of Community Development serves 38 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the:
- Community Development Block Grant
- CDBG grants are available to non profits and participating municipalities applying for grants to fund activities within the realms of infrastructure and improvements, services, facilities and creation of affordable housing.
- HOME Investment Partnerships
- HOME grants are similarly available and target activities involving the creation of affordable housing; the Office also funds a Tenant Based Rental Assistance program.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- ESG is geared toward providers dealing with homelessness.
The Office’s Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program (El Programa para la Reparación de Viviendas) serves to maintain affordable housing by enabling homeowners, experiencing major systems’ failures, to remain in their homes; it also assists towns in satisfying their affordable housing obligations.