As of November 6, 2017, the Office of Community Development will be located at 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950.
Have a Say – Comment on the 2018 Annual Plan!
Morris County uses federal funds to improve public facilities and infrastructure, public services, emergency shelter for the homeless, and rental and homeownership support.
Have a say in how these funds are used! Read the Annual Plan for Fiscal Year 2018 by July 13, and send your comments to [email protected], call 973-285-6060, or mail them to Office of Community Development, PO Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900.
You may also read and comment on the Parsippany-Troy Hills Action Plan by July 16. Send comments to [email protected], call 973-263-4377, or mail them to Michael J. Hardie, Director of Purchasing, Township of Parsippany/Troy Hills, 1001 Parsippany Boulevard, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
Public Hearing/CDRS Meeting on June 28
Please be advised that there will be a Public Hearing/CDRS Meeting on Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 5:30 PM. This meeting is required in order to fulfill HUD requirements regarding our 2018 Annual Action Plan as well as ascertaining information to prepare the Morris County Community Development Five Year Consolidated Plan. Comments and/or questions will be entertained at this meeting.
The meeting will be held at the Morris County Non-Profit Mall, 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 in Conference Room 82. Parking will be available on the right end of the building in order to access Conference Room 82 directly.
We look forward to seeing you on June 28, 2018.
2018 Grant Applications Posted
The 2018 CDBG, HOME, and ESG grant applications are now available. Visit the Grant Applications page to learn more and download the forms.
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for F.Y. 2015
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals.
- Final – 2016 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2016 Morris County CAPER
- Final – 2015 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2015 Morris County CAPER
Five Year Consolidated Plan & Annual Action Plans
- 2015-2019 – Five Year Consolidated Plan
- 2016 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2016 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Draft Morris County Annual Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for F.Y. 2014
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals. Read the Fifth Program Year CAPER.
The Office of Community Development serves 38 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the:
- Community Development Block Grant
- CDBG grants are available to non-profits and participating municipalities applying for grants to fund activities within the realms of infrastructure and improvements, services, facilities and creation of affordable housing.
- HOME Investment Partnerships
- HOME grants are similarly available and target activities involving the creation of affordable housing; the Office also funds a Tenant Based Rental Assistance program.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- ESG is geared toward providers dealing with homelessness.
The Office’s Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program (El Programa para la Reparación de Viviendas) serves to maintain affordable housing by enabling homeowners, experiencing major systems’ failures, to remain in their homes; it also assists towns in satisfying their affordable housing obligations.