As of November 6, 2017, the Office of Community Development will be located at 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950.
Public Meeting – FY 2019 Annual Action Plan
Please be advised that the Department of Human Services, Division of Community & Behavioral Health, Office of Community Development, will hold a Public Meeting at 5 p.m. on February 25, 2019, to receive public input on the 2019 Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year.
The meeting will be held in Room 82 at 1 Medical Drive, Suite 100, Morris Plains, NJ 07950. The location is accessible to persons with disabilities.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Receive input on the needs of the County that can be addressed with CDBG, HOME and ESG funds;
- Review performance of the CDBG, HOME and ESG programs.
All interested individuals and organizations are invited to attend this meeting and offer their comments on the housing and community development needs of the County and past performance. Individuals who are non-English speaking or disabled and require the information in an alternate format or who require special accommodations at the public meeting, may contact the Office of Community Development at 973-285-6033 (TTYUsers: NJ Telecom Relay 7-1-1)
La información será proporcionada en español a petición.
Draft 2017 Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report will be submitted to the Department of Housing and Urban Development on or about September 28, 2018. Read the public notice.
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals.
- Final – 2016 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2016 Morris County CAPER
- Final – 2015 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2015 Morris County CAPER
Five Year Consolidated Plan & Annual Action Plans
- 2015-2019 – Five Year Consolidated Plan
- 2016 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2016 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for F.Y. 2014
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals. Read the Fifth Program Year CAPER.
The Office of Community Development serves 38 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the:
- Community Development Block Grant
- CDBG grants are available to non-profits and participating municipalities applying for grants to fund activities within the realms of infrastructure and improvements, services, facilities and creation of affordable housing.
- HOME Investment Partnerships
- HOME grants are similarly available and target activities involving the creation of affordable housing; the Office also funds a Tenant Based Rental Assistance program.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- ESG is geared toward providers dealing with homelessness.
The Office’s Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program (El Programa para la Reparación de Viviendas) serves to maintain affordable housing by enabling homeowners, experiencing major systems’ failures, to remain in their homes; it also assists towns in satisfying their affordable housing obligations.