The Office of Community Development is located at 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950.
Mandatory Public Hearing for 2020 Grant Applications – November 14, 2019
We will conduct a mandatory day and evening Orientation Meetings/Public Hearing for potential applicants applying for the 2020 grant cycle on Thursday, November 14, 2019. Both Orientation Meetings will be conducted at 1 Medical Drive, Suite 100, Morris Plains, NJ at the following conference rooms and locations:
- 2:30 PM – Conference Room #82
- 5:30 PM – Conference Room #81
Draft 2018 Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2017 Morris County CAPER
- 2017 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2016 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2016 Morris County CAPER
- Final – 2015 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2015 Morris County CAPER
- Final – 2014 Morris County CAPER.
Five Year Consolidated Plan & Annual Action Plans
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals.
- 2015-2019 – Five Year Consolidated Plan
- 2016 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2019 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2016 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
The Office of Community Development serves 38 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the:
- Community Development Block Grant
- CDBG grants are available to non-profits and participating municipalities applying for grants to fund activities within the realms of infrastructure and improvements, services, facilities and creation of affordable housing.
- HOME Investment Partnerships
- HOME grants are similarly available and target activities involving the creation of affordable housing; the Office also funds a Tenant Based Rental Assistance program.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- ESG is geared toward providers dealing with homelessness.
The Office’s Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program (El Programa para la Reparación de Viviendas) serves to maintain affordable housing by enabling homeowners, experiencing major systems’ failures, to remain in their homes; it also assists towns in satisfying their affordable housing obligations.