As of November 6, 2017, the Office of Community Development will be located at 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950.
Public Hearing for 2020 Grant Applications
Please be advised that the Department of Human Services, Division of Community & Behavioral Health, Office of Community Development, will hold Public Meetings at 1 Medical Drive, Suite 100, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 at 2:30 PM (Conference Room 82) as well as 5:00 PM (Conference Room 81) on November 14, 2019. The purpose of the hearings are to receive input from the community on the needs, goals and objectives for consideration for inclusion in the Housing and Community Development Consolidated Plan for Fiscal Years 2020 to 2024 and to provide information on the application process for FY 2020 funds. Read the legal notice.
Draft 2018 Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2017 Morris County CAPER
- 2017 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2016 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2016 Morris County CAPER
- Final – 2015 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2015 Morris County CAPER
- Final – 2014 Morris County CAPER.
Five Year Consolidated Plan & Annual Action Plans
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals.
- 2015-2019 – Five Year Consolidated Plan
- 2016 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2019 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2016 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
The Office of Community Development serves 38 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the:
- Community Development Block Grant
- CDBG grants are available to non-profits and participating municipalities applying for grants to fund activities within the realms of infrastructure and improvements, services, facilities and creation of affordable housing.
- HOME Investment Partnerships
- HOME grants are similarly available and target activities involving the creation of affordable housing; the Office also funds a Tenant Based Rental Assistance program.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- ESG is geared toward providers dealing with homelessness.
The Office’s Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program (El Programa para la Reparación de Viviendas) serves to maintain affordable housing by enabling homeowners, experiencing major systems’ failures, to remain in their homes; it also assists towns in satisfying their affordable housing obligations.