Public Hearing on May 18
The public is invited to comment on the reallocation of HOME funds from a canceled FY 2013 HOME project located on Henry Street, Township of Parsippany, on May 18. Get more information.
2017 Grant Applications Posted
The 2017 CDBG, HOME, and ESG grant applications are now available. Visit the Grant Applications page to learn more and download the forms.
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for F.Y. 2015
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals.
Five Year Consolidated Plan & 2016 Annual Action Plan
- 2016 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2016 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for F.Y. 2014
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals. Read the Fifth Program Year CAPER.
The Office of Community Development serves the 39 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the:
- Community Development Block Grant
- CDBG grants are available to non profits and participating municipalities applying for grants to fund activities within the realms of infrastructure and improvements, services, facilities and creation of affordable housing.
- HOME Investment Partnerships
- HOME grants are similarly available and target activities involving the creation of affordable housing; the Office also funds a Tenant Based Rental Assistance program.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- ESG is geared toward providers dealing with homelessness.
The Office’s Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program (El Programa para la Reparación de Viviendas) serves to maintain affordable housing by enabling homeowners, experiencing major systems’ failures, to remain in their homes; it also assists towns in satisfying their affordable housing obligations.