As of November 6, 2017, the Office of Community Development will be located at 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950.
Public Meeting – Regional Coordinators Meeting
The Office of Community Development will hold a meeting on Wednesday, March 6, 2019, at 10 am.
The purpose of this meeting will be for the Regional Coordinators of the Community Development Revenue Sharing Advisory Committee (CDRS) to review funding recommendations made by the CDRS subcommittees for the 2019 Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships and Emergency Solutions Grant programs.
The Regional Coordinators will review and recommend funding levels for activities to be considered by the full CDRS. Other grant-related funding issues may also be addressed.
This meeting is open to the public, which may comment during the open portion of the meeting. This meeting will be held in Conference Room 82, at the Morris County Non-Profit Mall, 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, New Jersey. For further information, please call 973-285-6060.
Location is fully accessible to the handicapped. If an interpreter or other assistance is needed, please contact the Community Development Office at 973-285-6060.
La información será proporcionada en español a petición.
Draft 2017 Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report will be submitted to the Department of Housing and Urban Development on or about September 28, 2018. Read the public notice.
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals.
- Final – 2016 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2016 Morris County CAPER
- Final – 2015 Parsippany CAPER
- Final – 2015 Morris County CAPER
Five Year Consolidated Plan & Annual Action Plans
- 2015-2019 – Five Year Consolidated Plan
- 2016 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- DRAFT 2019 Morris County Annual Action Plan
- 2016 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2017 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- 2018 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for F.Y. 2014
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals. Read the Fifth Program Year CAPER.
The Office of Community Development serves 38 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the:
- Community Development Block Grant
- CDBG grants are available to non-profits and participating municipalities applying for grants to fund activities within the realms of infrastructure and improvements, services, facilities and creation of affordable housing.
- HOME Investment Partnerships
- HOME grants are similarly available and target activities involving the creation of affordable housing; the Office also funds a Tenant Based Rental Assistance program.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- ESG is geared toward providers dealing with homelessness.
The Office’s Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program (El Programa para la Reparación de Viviendas) serves to maintain affordable housing by enabling homeowners, experiencing major systems’ failures, to remain in their homes; it also assists towns in satisfying their affordable housing obligations.