Meetings & Agendas
The Advisory Committee on Women meets at 5:30 p.m. at the the Non Profit Mall/Central Avenue Complex, 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains. The meetings are held in conference room 81. No meeting will be held in August or December.
- January 21
- February 18
- April 21
- May 19
- July 21
September 15cancelled October 20cancelled November 17cancelled
- February 19, 2019 Minutes
- March 19, 2019 Minutes
- April 30, 2019 Minutes
- May 21, 2019 Minutes
- June 18, 2019 Minutes
- July 16, 2019 Minutes
- September 17, 2019 Minutes
- October 15, 2019 Minutes
- November 19, 2019 Minutes
The Advisory Committee:
A. Serves as a fact finding committee by studying the needs, problems, interests, convents and capabilities of the women who reside and work in Morris County.
B. Research and centralize information regarding resources, issues, events and programs which involve women’s concerns and promote their interests.
C. Advises and promote reforms in the law, public policy and public attitudes towards women.
D. Recommends programs which will help meet the needs of the women of Morris County in areas including but not limited to:
- Aging, Disabilities, Veterans
- Mental Health/Substance Abuse
- Youth Services
- Domestic Violence/Trauma
- Human Services
- Sexuality (Young Girls)
- Ethnic Population/Social Issues
- Workforce Investment
- Women’s Leadership
Reorganization: The annual reorganization meeting of the Advisory Committee shall be held at its first meeting after the Board of Chosen Freeholders’ Reorganization meeting.
- Regular meetings of the Advisory Committee shall take place every other month beginning January, on the third Thursday of the month.
- Special meetings may be held at any time upon call of the Chair or upon written request of five members of the Advisory Committee. Notice, time and place shall be given in writing at least five working days prior.
- A quorum shall consist of a majority of the appointment members of the Advisory Committee present and is required for the transaction of business.
Members shall consist of 11 people, appointed by the Board of Chosen Freeholders, who reside in Morris County, are representative of the community, and who have demonstrated interest in women’s issues.
Members are appointed annually by the Freeholders and serve without pay.
- Pam Bennett-Santoro
- Joann Bjornson
- Carole Harper
- Elaine Muller
- Shelby Rhodes
- Eileen Specchio