Meetings & Agendas
- January 14
- Via WebEx: https://morriscountynj.webex.com/morriscountynj/j.php?MTID=m6974ad7169b31b15b6519d1c087f24b3
- Or phone: +1-408-418-9388, Access code: 179 232 1077
- February 11
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
- June 10
- July 8
- August 12
- September 9
- October 14
- November 18*
- December 9
Meetings to be held via Webex Meetings beginning at 5:15 p.m. every month on the second Thursday.
*Third Thursday due to County Offices closed Nov. 11 in observance of Veterans Day
- January 9, 2020 Minutes
- March 12, 2020 Minutes
- April 9, 2020 Minutes
- May 11, 2020 Minutes
- June 11, 2020 Minutes
- August 13, 2020 Minutes
- September 10, 2020 Minutes
- October 8, 2020 Minutes
The MHASAB meets on the second Thursday of the month at 5:15 p.m. at the Division of Community & Behavioral Health Services (MC Non-Profit Mall), 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 (unless otherwise noted).
Please use the Executive Drive entrance parallel to Medical Drive. The building is on the left. Park and enter the second (middle) entrance. There is a gazebo to the left of the conference room door. This door will bring you directly into the conference room.
MISSION: To ensure that a full continuum of care is available, accessible and affordable to address the shared and specific mental health and substance abuse prevention, education and treatment needs of Morris County residents.
PURPOSE: Formulate and implement strategies to:
- identify and remediate barriers to service
- advise the Morris County Department of Human Services regarding compliance with the statutory requirement of the Community Mental Health Act, and the applicable sections of P.L. 1983, Chapter 531 and P.L. 1989, Chapter 51 related to substance abuse prevention, education and treatment
- advocate for a seamless system of care for clients with specific or shared mental health and substance abuse issues
- ensure that education and training opportunities are made available to consumers, providers, and volunteers
- monitor the use of public dollars
- promote cooperation between two distinct treatment systems regarding the care of target populations with overlapping and discreet needs.
Read our Declaration of Expectations.
Members are appointed by the Morris County Board of County Commissioners. Within the membership, four members must be recovering substance abusers and two must be mental health consumers and/or family members of mental health consumers.
The Board has four standing subcommittees: Funding, Planning, Legislative/Advocacy and the County Alliance Steering Subcommittee.
Members are appointed annually by the Commissioners without pay.
- Amy Archer (Staff Liaison)
- Rosalyn Suarez (Staff Liaison)
- Gregg Benson
- Charles Berman
- Chris Chernick
- Ashley Craig
- Linda Csengeto
- Kathryn DeFillippo (Commissioner Liaison)
- Carol DeGraw
- Heather Diamond
- Kasey Errico (Human Services Director)
- Maria Fodali
- Cheryl Garodnick
- Julian Hill
- Marcy McMann
- Vicky Mulligan
- Alton Robinson
- Heather Rose (Staff Liaison)
- LaJuan Tucker
- Erica Valvano
- Barbara Ward
- Deborah Ward
- 2020-2023 Comprehensive Plan for the Organization and Delivery of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services
- 2016 Mental Health Funding Plan
- 2015 Mental Health Funding Plan
- Summary of 2018 Public Forum for Consumers and Families
- Summary of 2017 Public Forum for Consumers and Families
- Summary of 2016 Public Forum for Consumers and Families
- Summary of 2015 Public Forum for Consumers and Families