Meetings & Agendas
- January 9
- February 13
- March 12
- April 9
- May 14
- June 11
- July 9
- August 13
- September 10
- October 8
- November 12
- December 10
The MHASAB meets on the second Thursday of the month at 5:15 p.m. at the Division of Community & Behavioral Health Services (MC Non-Profit Mall), 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 (unless otherwise noted).
Please use the Executive Drive entrance parallel to Medical Drive. The building is on the left. Park and enter the second (middle) entrance. There is a gazebo to the left of the conference room door. This door will bring you directly into the conference room.
MISSION: To ensure that a full continuum of care is available, accessible and affordable to address the shared and specific mental health and substance abuse prevention, education and treatment needs of Morris County residents.
PURPOSE: Formulate and implement strategies to:
- identify and remediate barriers to service
- advise the Morris County Department of Human Services regarding compliance with the statutory requirement of the Community Mental Health Act, and the applicable sections of P.L. 1983, Chapter 531 and P.L. 1989, Chapter 51 related to substance abuse prevention, education and treatment
- advocate for a seamless system of care for clients with specific or shared mental health and substance abuse issues
- ensure that education and training opportunities are made available to consumers, providers, and volunteers
- monitor the use of public dollars
- promote cooperation between two distinct treatment systems regarding the care of target populations with overlapping and discreet needs.
Read our Declaration of Expectations.
Members are appointed by the Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders. Within the membership, four members must be recovering substance abusers and two must be mental health consumers and/or family members of mental health consumers.
The Board has four standing subcommittees: Funding, Planning, Legislative/Advocacy and the County Alliance Steering Subcommittee.
Members are appointed annually by the Freeholders without pay.
- Amy Archer (Staff Liaison)
- Rosalyn Suarez (Staff Liaison)
- Gregg Benson
- Charles Berman
- Chris Chernick
- Ashley Craig
- Linda Csengeto
- Kathryn DeFillippo (Freeholder Liaison)
- Carol DeGraw
- Heather Diamond
- Maria Fodali
- Cheryl Garodnick
- Julian Hill
- Marcy McMann
- Vicky Mulligan
- Alton Robinson
- Heather Rose (Staff Liaison)
- LaJuan Tucker
- Erica Valvano
- Barbara Ward
- Deborah Ward
- Sharon Yoo (Human Services Director)