The Morris/Sussex/Warren HIV/AIDS Meetings are held at 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday, unless otherwise noted at the following locations.
- Hope House, 19-21 Belmont Ave., Dover
- Morristown Medical Center (3rd floor conference room), 435 South St., Morristown
- New Jersey AIDS Services (NJAS), 3 Executive Drive, Morris Plains
- The Division of Community & Behavioral Health Services (MC Non-Profit Mall), 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950
- Please use the Executive Drive entrance (parallel to Medical Drive). The building will be on the left. Park and enter the second (middle) entrance. (There is a gazebo to the left of the conference room door.) This door will bring you directly into the conference room.
- Zufall Health Center, 18 West Blackwell Street, Dover
Transportation is available for consumers. Please call Hope House (973-361-5555) or New Jersey AIDS Services (973-285-0006) five days prior to schedule transportation. Light snacks or lunch will be provided at all meetings. Call Advisory Chair, Allison Delcalzo-Berens, (973) 889-6809 with any questions.
Mission: To serve as a united voice on behalf of HIV infected and affected consumers, service providers and county governments. It will serve as the primary coordinating, planning and policy development entity on issues related to HIV/AIDS in the region.
Purpose: To advise and educate the Freeholders, health care providers, appropriate state and federal government agencies and the general public on matters associated with the prevention, care and treatment of the disease HIV/AIDS.
Structure: The committee shall have (1) representation from three participating counties. Each County shall designate minimum of (3) persons from the following list to serve:
*Freeholder or their designate:
*Department of Human Services:
- Department of Health
- HIV/AIDS Infected or Affected Consumers
- County Advocates, these shall be a Community Based Provider, Primary
For information on HIV/AIDS Services (and all other services) see the Resource Guide.
Consumer Action Board (Subcommittee of MSW HIV/AIDS Advisory Board)
The Consumer Action Board is an Advisory Committee subcommittee dedicated to providing a safe space for consumers to discuss their concerns, advocate for their needs and advise the full committee as to issues that are in need of attention. Membership is available to any residents of Morris, Sussex and Warren counties who are HIV positive and anyone who receives HIV care services in this tri-county region. For meeting dates, please visit the Morris County events calendar. For more information, please contact Johanna Moore at 973-328-9100 ext. 308 or [email protected]. For transportation please contact Hope House at 973-361-5555 or New Jersey AIDS Services at 973-285-0006.
Meetings of the Consumer Action Board at held from 11am-1pm at Zufall Wellness Center, 85 Washington St., Morristown, unless otherwise specified.
- June 26 – One to One with a pharmacist: An open and frank talk – a roundtable discussion.
- July 24 – Positively living: Aging with HIV – what you want to know and need to know.
- August 28 – Finding the Zen in me – “If you pour yourself into everything else, there is nothing left for you.” Event led by Angel Nieves, owner of Taking Form in Morristown.
- September 25 – Advocacy/fundraising: Listen. Learn. Speak out. Do! The CAB will pick a project and do something as a group.
- October 23 – Positively living as a young adult: finding your community – a roundtable discussion.
- November 27 – Agency roundtable: Come share experiences, the good, the bad and the ugly with frank and open talks to pave way for improvement/understanding. Group will be decorating a place for holidays this year. Join in to vote on location.
Members are appointed annually by the Freeholders without pay.
- Shelia Carter (Staff Liaison)
- Ed Barron
- Kelly Martins
- Johanna Moore
- Ron Ritzie
- Caroline Schenkman
- Danielle Nebesni
- Allison Delcalzo (Chair)
- Ricardo Salcido
- Jennifer McGee Avila
- Cindy Mimmo
- Aliya Onque
- Ken O’Bryant
- Geri Summers
Resource Partners Non-Voting Members
- David Saltzman
- Jennifer Amaya
- Michele Verones
- Becky Carlson
Auxiliary EIRC Representatives
- Lydia Sanchez
- James Webb