Please be advised that funding applications are available through the Morris County Department of Human Services. Anticipated 2018 funding is intended for the provision of services identified within Morris County planning documents.
A Request for Funding Application (RFA) must be submitted to be considered for 2018 funding for the following:
- Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) – County funding to support Child Abuse Prevention Programs.
- Social Services for the Homeless – State funding for short-term assistance for individuals and families at-risk of homelessness.
- Grant-in-Aid – County funding for the areas of mental health, addictions, aging, veterans, disabilities, youth services and general human services.
- Grant-in-Aid Senior Support (formerly Peer Grouping) – To prevent premature institutionalization for the elderly and/or disabled.
- State Community Partnership/Juvenile Justice – Community based services for at-risk juveniles or to prevent juvenile delinquency.
- Area Plan Contract Funding – designated to provide services in Access, Home and Community support for people age 60 years and over and their caregivers.
Invitation to Submit Applications
- All funding is subject to budget availability and at the discretion of the Board of Chosen Freeholders.
- This public funding may only be billed for a specific unit of service when there is no third party insurance, Medicare, Medicaid or any other type of reimbursement, in whole or in part, for that service unit.
If you require further information or assistance with the RFA process, contact:
- Aging, Disabilities and Community Programming: Maria Rosario at 973-285-6847
- Community and Behavioral Health Services: Pat Mocarski at 973-285-6859
This is a two-part application package. You must fill out all required documents in the 1) instructions packet AND the 2) application form.
All agencies must submit the full two-part application package:
- one signed original and one copy of the completed two-part application
- any supporting documentation
- one digital copy on CD-ROM or USB stick/flash drive, with the company name and this contract number clearly displayed
Send your application to:
Morris County Department of Human Services
P.O. Box 900
30 Schuyler Place, 3rd Floor
Morristown, NJ, 07963 -0900
Attn: Pat Mocarski
- Separate applications must be submitted for each funding stream.
- Applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope, typed, single-sided, on 8 ½ x 11 paper, using the correct funding application. Do not bind the application. Incomplete and/or outdated applications will be returned. Attach documentation only as specified. Please do not send applications via fax or email.
- Please write “2018 Application” on the outside of the envelope.
- Do not include any other reports, vouchers or other communications in the envelope.
Application Due Dates
- All Applications are due by 2:00 p.m. Friday, June 30, 2017.
- Applications must be received by 2:00 p.m. on the due date.
- No exceptions. Late applications will be returned unopened.
2018 Funding Priorities
- 2018 Area Plan Contract Funding Priorities – Aging
- 2018 Chapter 51 Funding Priorities
- 2018 Child Abuse Prevention Funding
- 2018 Grant in Aid Funding Priorities Aging
- 2018 Grant in Aid Funding Priorities – General Human Services
- 2018 Grant in Aid Funding Priorities – Mental Health Addictions
- 2018 Grant in Aid Funding Priorities – Youth Services
- 2018 Grant in Aid Senior Support Funding Priorities
- 2018 JJC Funding Priorities
- 2018 Social Service for the Homeless Funding Stream