2016 CoC Application Posted
The Morris County Continuum of Care is both a strategic planning body and a vehicle to carry out the responsibilities of a Continuum of Care as defined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which includes but are limited to the following duties:
- To develop and implement the Morris County ten year plan to end homelessness and other local activities associated with preventing and ending homelessness.
- To operate the Continuum of Care as prescribed by HUD in the Continuum of Care regulations.
- To designate and operate the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for the purpose of collecting and analyzing data regarding homelessness.
- To coordinate and implement a system to meet the needs of the homeless population within the Morris County.
- To prepare and oversee the annual HUD Continuum of Care application for federal funds targeted to serve homeless individuals and families.
- To ensure that the CoC has strong oversight and guidance through the community-led CoC Executive Committee and its Community Assistance Services Committee.